The Associate Financial Advisor is an advisor/support position that provides technical support for all Financial Advisors. Responsibilities include data gathering and analysis, development of financial planning recommendations, implementation, and portfolio management. The Associate Financial Advisor will participate in client meetings, but not in an advice delivering capacity. In addition, this position has limited decision-making authority on client matters. Associate Financial Advisors may also participate in developing investment and financial planning strategies as part of the firm’s Investment Committee and Financial Planning Committee.
- Client relationship management for clients, including ongoing and regular client contact and communication
- Client service, including client meeting preparation, portfolio changes and reviews, information data gathering, implementation of recommendations, account service and maintenance, and reporting
- Comprehensive financial planning including coordination of asset management, estate planning, and risk management
- Client asset management, including coordination of complete financial planning and wealth management (analysis, estate planning, tax strategies for assets under management, and portfolio management)
- Client and team meetings, as required; special projects, as appropriate; backup for Client Service Administrator, as needed
- Periodic service as a member of the Investment Committee and Financial Planning Committee
Are You the Right Fit?
You're our ideal candidate if:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (required), Master’s Degree a plus.
- Are committed to obtaining the Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation within your first three years of employment.
- Are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as experience with financial planning, client relationship management (CRM), and portfolio management (PM) software.
- You possess excellent written and oral communication skills and listening skills.
- You're passionate about helping people. You take pride in helping people understand their financial issues and find the best solutions to suit their needs. You do whatever it takes to ensure they're having the best experience possible.
- You're a team player. You truly enjoy working with others, and believe that collaboration and consensus lead to better decisions. You consistently follow through on projects and stay on task.
- You're motivated and driven. You volunteer for new challenges, and you're committed to your professional growth.
What Do We Do?
We ensure that our clients are prepared to make smart financial decisions, at every stage of their lives.
Whether they're preparing for life after their business or protecting the legacy they've worked so hard to build, our clients require fully integrated planning, resources, and expertise to make their goals a reality.
That's where we come in. As our clients' Personal CFO, we take a tax-aware approach to planning and investing, focused on helping our clients keep more of what they earn for the long term. We strive to create lasting relationships and provide constant, dedicated support, all while keeping our clients' best interests as our number one priority.
What Do We Offer?
Our individualized approach is a theme that also translates into our company culture. We're committed to supporting the personal and professional growth of our team members, while maintaining a positive, encouraging working environment. At CogentBlue, you'll have access to a comprehensive compensation and benefits package designed to let you know how much we appreciate having you on the team.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.